Name:

I was previously a constitutional law and civil rights litigator and am now a journalist. I am the author of three New York Times bestselling books -- "How Would a Patriot Act" (a critique of Bush executive power theories), "Tragic Legacy" (documenting the Bush legacy), and With Liberty and Justice for Some (critiquing America's two-tiered justice system and the collapse of the rule of law for its political and financial elites). My fifth book - No Place to Hide: Edward Snowden, the NSA and the US Surveillance State - will be released on April 29, 2014 by Holt/Metropolitan.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Guest blogging

Digby -- who, in my view, is the most insightful blogger on the planet and the best writer on the Internet -- asked me to guest blog on his blog while he's away for the next couple of days, so I'll be blogging both here and over there. I'll cross-post most of what I write, but since my first post over there is based on something I already posted here a couple of days ago (concerning the quite un-conservative legal theories being used to defend George Bush's law-breaking) , I posted it only there.

But that post does include what I consider to be some interesting new supplements (including a discussion of a Supreme Court case where the Bush Administration argued exactly the opposite of the theories it's touting now to defend Bush), so the post at Digby's may be worth reading if that topic interests you.

My Ecosystem Details